6.01.2011

Warning: I am not a writer

I know this isn't my normal blog and I am in no way a writer but I wanted to share this...

I'm doing a study on Paul which lead me to the story of Stephen.  Stephen was just your normal, power and grace filled guy (ok maybe thats not normal).  Some guys from the Snagogue of the Freedmen didn't like what Stephen was up to, they didn't really know how to take the whole being filled with the Holy Spirit thing so they ended up having him accused of blasphemy and stoned him.  But before this happened, Stephen had a pretty great speech (Acts 7), I won't get into the speech but I encourage you to read it yourself.  Acts 6:15 "And fixing their gaze on him, all who were sitting in the Council saw his face like the face of an angel."   So Stephen was soo filled with the Holy Spirit that he actually had the face of an angel before sharing his story.  That's a pretty amazing way for God to show that He was on Stephen's side.  I don't know about you but I can't even imagine what this would be like.  This happened to Moses in Exodus 34:29 "when Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken WITH the Lord."  I am just soo amazed by this.  I don't really know why, I mean seriously, we know God can do anything, but to take on the look of an angel just by speaking with the Holy Spirit, how awesome.  I am so very thankful to serve a God like this.  I am so very thankful for a personal relationship with this AMAZING GOD. 

So I will update my blog soon, sorry for being such a terrible blogger! 

2 comments: